Austin Women in Technology is partnering with Workforce Solutions Capital Area and Zilker Media to make our annual Who's Austin Hiring event an incredible opportunity for job seekers and hiring managers.
Part 1: Job Fair and Workshops (3:00PM - 5:30PM)
In the afternoon, Workforce Solutions Capital Area will be hosting a job fair with over 15 employers present to discuss your next career move and several coaches to help you perfect your resume.
Zilker Media is offering personalized, 15-minute, one-on-one branding review sessions to help you improve your digital presence. To sign up, select your preferred time slot here or here by booking any open slot on January 11, 2024. If you don't see an opening on either calendar, add yourself to the overflow list.
Part 2: Expert Presentations (5:30PM - 8:00PM)
In the evening, Paige Velasquez Budde with Zilker Media will present The Modern Business Influencer: How to make the right first impression online as a leader with helpful advice for all on personal branding.
Immediately following, local experts from various industries and roles will discuss the hiring forecast in Austin for the upcoming year. The panel will share their expectations for changing workforce trends, give their thoughts on job search strategies given the current economy, and discuss increases in return-to-office policies. They will also describe how Generative AI is reshaping the labor market along with other technology trends and highly desired skill sets. Panelists include:
- Anh Selissen: Chief Information Officer, TxDoT
- Kerrica Laake: Chief Information Officer, City of Austin
- Ari Salafia: Founder and CEO, TaxTaker
- Jess Sutcliffe: Lead Recruitment Specialist, Oscar Technology
- When: Thursday, January 11th, 2024,
- 3:00-5:30PM: Job Fair and Workshops
- 5:30-8:00PM: Expert Presentations
- Where: CBRE, 500 W 2nd St Suite 1700, Austin, TX 78701
- Attire: Wear whatever makes you feel good!
- Food and Drinks: Light snacks, Cocktails by Wild Gins, wine, water, and tea will be available.
We could not put on an excellent event like this without the support of Sponsors, Community Partners, and Donors.