City of Austin "Woman to Woman"
Austin Women in Technology
Annual "W2W" Brown Bag Lunch
"Innovation 101 - Basadur Session"
Join us for a casual lunch and a presentation from City of Austin Innovation Office. This is an excellent opportunity to network with women from both City of Austin and Austin Women in Technology!
(NOTE: This event requires guests to create a PROFILE. See info below to get started.)
What: Bring Your own Lunch – Drinks Provided
Who: Woman to Woman & AWT Austin
When: Friday, August 12, 2016; 11:30 – 1pm
Where: 8401 Cameron Road, Austin 78754
Overview of Basadur Session
We will discuss different approaches to creative problem solving and how we can use these to form effective teams and surface effective solutions. This session is geared toward helping you calibrate teams with a common language and understanding to reduce the “storming” phase that often happens within teams tackling a complex challenge.
In advance of the session, please complete the Basadur Applied Creativity profile—an online tool designed to help an individual, team or organization understand how to increase creativity and innovation in a supportive environment. We will discuss the profile and the results for this group during the session. Instructions below:
Please use the following directions to create an account and take the Profile:
1. Click HERE for the Invitation Page
2. Upon reaching the INVITATION PAGE, you will be prompted to join a team for this workshop. Click Accept and Continue. You will then be asked to log in or create a new account.
3. You will then be prompted Take the Profile. Upon completion, your results will be recorded, but you won’t be able to see them yet. We will reveal everyone’s results in the session.
A little more about Basadur:
- The Basadur Profile is not a test and is not an evaluation of your creativity. The Profile simply helps to determine and describe your individual unique creative style.
- Completing the Profile should not take longer than 10 minutes.
- We always instruct people to "go with their gut", their first instincts rather than agonize over any individual options. There are 18 rows to fill out so if a mistake is made in one row it will likely be corrected by another row somewhere else. Basically, if it takes longer than 20 minutes, they you are thinking too hard!
- The results will be revealed during our session, so you won't see your profile until then.